Love, not fear...

It has been so long since I’ve genuinely fallen in love. 
It’s been a while since I felt my heart pounding, because my love is nearby not because I’m super stressed.
It’s been a while since I’ve fallen for a boy, who was able to get my attention for more than a day.
It’s been too long that I haven’t held hands with my partner in movie theaters.

When I heard people nagging my generation to get married, I see burden, stress and fights.
When I hear them urging us to tie the knot, I see their misery passing onto us.
And I wonder why? Why do you insist we collide with a person, just not to end up alone?
All their answers are nuances of fear, shame, safety and helplessness. 
They fear ending up alone, facing this world without someone by their side; even if they knowingly ignore that this person does no longer care or desire opt for their wellbeing. 

But this is not what we want. 
We want to fall head over heels. 
We want passion, sleepless nights over the phone, random hangouts, surprise trips, casual physical contact that rush electricity through your body.
We want this. 
First and foremost. 
Then we will see whether this person is worth the lifelong sentence or not. 

So please, stop urging us to marry. 
How about talking to us about love, passion, lust and most of all loyalty to one person without the duty and the must’s of being with them forever, out of fear and loneliness. 

Comments

Popular Posts