Butterfly on a wheel

Wasted youth. Wasted drained exhausted youth.
Yes. We are wasted assets to humanity. Thrown in the wheel of life “phases” as set by stupid ignorant shortsighted ancestors who only saw in life work and frustration.
Why shall I follow a system that failed almost 2 centuries? WHY? The industrial revolution couldn’t survive post the mid 1800’s, so why do we try so hard to fucking revamp the shit out of it? Ha?

We are born. Then we are enrolled in school.
And I really don’t mind that step, it is nice to study your history, it is intriguing to understand your body, it’s magical to learn about your surroundings and it’s rather challenging to merely understand mathematics. I am cool with all that. With school, college and masters all the way to PhD. I am really okay with these processes of nonchalant and incessant search for knowledge and eagerness to discover more and achieve higher.

But is all that effort always meant to go to waste? Are all these fire and eagerness meant to get thrown away? Is this my destiny? Is this our destiny? As youths? Future leaders? WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY THAT FRAMES US WITHIN A CERTAIN AND SPECIFIC TASK? Why are we born into a vicious cycle of uselessness and desperation? Why do I feel obliged to follow the system or else I would be risking my “future”? Why is it scary to step out of the comfort zone?

I am scared. I am scared of falling into a hole of libido and utter compliance to the extent I forget who I ought to be and what I wish to accomplish.
They restrain. The elders. The systems. The processes. The steps. The codes. All the stupid meaningless titles that entitle their holders to be bithcy, bossy and assholes. Why? Why should I put up with limited mindsets? WHY?

I dreamt of spreading my wings, flying away and coloring the world in all the shades of green.
I ended up becoming a butterfly on a wheel. A useless butterfly on a static fucking wheel. As a butterfly, I even wished for the wheel to turn, to move, to become dynamic. As a butterfly, I wished the wheel to challenge me. As a butterfly, I wished the wheel to give me a reason to fly… 


Comments

Popular Posts