" La vie en rose" ?

We start up young, fresh, full of hope and belief. We go through life full of strength and determination. We push forward non stop, we believe that hard work pays off all the time, with no exception. We believe that "la vie en rose" describes reality.

However, over the time, such perfection decreases, such belief is destabilized. We lose hope as we fail over and over again. It's not that we don't work, it's just that no matter how hard we try it's always insufficient.

I have tried to make things right in my life so many times that I've lost hope now. Long ago, I had everything: I had the success, the perfection, the satisfaction. However, I have lost all of it gradually until I was left with nothing. My life went from "en rose" to "en noire" before I even notice it. Every time I tried to get it back on track, I fail. Therefore, I stopped trying. I decided to deal with failure and forget about my old bright life, but I couldn't. I failed in doing this as well. I couldn't see myself as this person whom I always thought I'd never be.

Trying again and risking failure was way better than settling for less. Facing your incompetence and working on making yourself better was far way honorable than lowering your bar and becoming this despicable version of you.

Now I understand. It's not about life being "en rose" or not. Life never changes. It keeps providing us with all the possible opportunities and paths. It's us who perceive it "en rose" or not. It's about how we see things, what we choose to do and how we do it. For instance, life hasn't changed throughout my life. It's me who grew older and changed. Life went from "en rose" to "en noire" not because it evolved, but because I did.

The happiness, the satisfaction, and the success do not depend on life. They depend on us and how we deal with it. Hence, I'll keep trying, I won't give up. Eventually, It's far more interesting to play the game than watch it.

Comments

Popular Posts