The mind

It's fascinating what the mind can do. It keeps all your functions organised, to keep you alive on both levels: physical and psychological. What intrigues me the most is its unlimited psychological effects. 

For me my mind is my life; it's where I get to be who I really wanted to become. I don't know if fantasising about your life is laziness, as I only truly live in my mind, or survival as it helps to get through the day. 
Actually,I never imagined myself standing here, in this situation, where success in life is my fantasy. I used to live it, breathe it and enjoy it. But now I lost it. I can't really put my hand on what went wrong.   
However, this is not what I wanted to discuss here. I simply wanted to clarify that the mind can give you an excellent escape from life's atrocities; thus it guarantees your survival, for a while at least.

Nonetheless, as much as it's helpful, it's dangerous. The mind has the power to lock you in, and once you are in, you can never get out. Therefore, I believe I no longer have an appetite for life. I like my dreams so much that I'd rather stay home and sleep than go out and live.

I underestimated the powers of my mind. I activated it aggressively and let it take over without watch and I'm paying now.
Fear the mind as its full powers aren't yet grasped.

Comments

Popular Posts